The Red Deer Kinsmen will be hosting our first annual family fishing derby on Gull Lake on February 19th. It's a FREE fishing weekend so fishing Licenses are NOT required for this event. We STRONGLY URGE you to pre-register at the Sportsmen Den or Eastview IGA in Red Deer to avoid long registration lines the morning of the derby. If you pre-register there is no need to check-in, you can just start fishing! This is a family friendly fun event. Lots of prizes! BBQ jumbo hot dogs and pop available for $4 if you don't feel like packing a lunch!
Registration starts at 7:30 am at Brownlows Landing, Gull Lake (there will be signs to guide you off Range Road 10). Registration ends at 12:00pm.
Don't have tickets yet? Tickets are still available! Here are the details:
- $20 per adult, $10 per child is the registration fee
- Ice fishing tents, shacks, and structures are permitted in this derby.
- You are responsible for drilling your own holes within the ice fishing event boundary. If you don't have an ice auger the Red Deer Kinsmen will drill you a hole at a cost of $5 per hole.
- Bait is permitted.
- There will be 2 weigh-in stations in the 1600 Meter boundary that will be clearly marked off. Fishing outside of the marked boundary is not permitted.
- This is a catch and release derby.
- All of the rules will be posted to the Facebook event page.